STEP 1 if you wish to enroll into South Texas Transition to Teaching-ACP
- In accordance to TAC §227 (A) § 227.10 (a) (2) You must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- In accordance to TAC §227 (A) § 227.10 You must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Bring your transcripts so Mr. Gomez, the Director, can process a free of charge evaluation
- If you see that there are credits transferred to your transcripts from another institurion, he will need those transcripts as well
- Evaluation takes 2-3 days to process
- Once we obtain the results, we will call you and/or email you
The evaluation will determine if you have:
- a minimum of 12 semester credit hours in the subject-specific content area for the certification sought, unless certification sought is for mathematics or science at or above Grade 7;
- 15 semester credit hours in the subject-specific content area for the certification sought if the certification sought is for mathematics or science at or above Grade 7;
You are also eligibile to enroll of you have:
- a passing score on the appropriate content certification examination as specified in the figure provided in this subparagraph for the calendar year during which the applicant seeks admission. The applicant will not be required to successfully complete a passing score on the appropriate content certification examination before January 27, 2020. After January 27, the candidate will be required to take the new TX PACT content exams. Click HERE to view the new changes.
- In accordance to (TAC §230.11(b)(5)(A-C) Teacher-candidates who come from a country or university where English was not the language of instruction must pass the TOEFL iBT® with a minimum score of :
- Speaking 24
- Listening 22
- Reading 22
- Writing 21
- In accordance to TAC §230 (B)(2),you must submit to a criminal background history check prior to obtaining employment as an Educator.
Visit our Enrollment Processpage to view the next steps.
*Accepting transfers upon Director’s Approval. To download the transfer form select HERE