30 hours of Observation Steps
30 FBE Observation
According to [19 TAC §228.35], FBE should be done:
- In an authentic school setting in a public school accredited by TEA or other school approved by the TEA for this purpose.
- The teacher must be certified
- Actual students in classroom/instructional settings
- Content or grade-level specific classrooms/instructional setting
- Submit a written reflection of the observation
- Observe grade levels EC-12 (Pre-K – 12th)
Summer school does not qualify as an “instructional classroom setting”.
FBE observations can ONLY be done within the school year when an “instructional classroom setting” is provided.
ONLINE VIDEO OBSERVATION
Step 1 – Select grade level and content to view
Step 2- View the full video and answer questions while observing
Step 3 – On Call Log, write in the Teacher’s name (if available) and make sure to put “ONLINE VIDEO” on the Signature section
Step 4 – Write in the time and calculate the minutes/hours. Up to 15 hours are allowed by video.
Step 1 – Select a preferred District
Step 2 – Select a preferred school
Step 3 – Select a grade level& content area that you will observe.
Step 4 – Recommended to observe all grade levels.
Step 5 – Answer questions while observing the classroom
Step 6 – Log in the time you were in class in the Observation Log
Step 7 – Teacher signature is a MUST in the Observation Log
- When all 30 hours are completed, have the principal/Campus Administrator sign the Observation Log
2. Submit paperwork to SoTex ACP to be reviewed and to be given credit for 30 hours of FBE observations.